Oct 6, 2009

Dancing in the Rain: 5. Goodbye, Lexie, hello popularity!

It's been a good four school days since school started, and so far, I still have Kota and Lexie as friends, and I still have a crush on Skylar. I dunno, he's cute! Anyway, yesterday, he wrote the address to his blog on the back of my hand, so I decided to check it out on Saturday night after finishing my homework. Of course, I'd bring the PC upstairs so I wouldn't hear another, "Jackie's got a boyfriend-" from Josh's routine. I typed in the address, and got this really professionally-designed blog with a header that wrote, "Simply Skylar--Who says there's no freedom in speech in America?" I thought the subtitle was weird, but just decided to read the first post. It read:

"UPDATE!!

Live chat with blogkeeper Skylar at 5:30 PM. See ya there!!

Simply,
Skylar."

Ooh, it's 5:28, I thought. But it'll be worth the wait. I scrolled down to find the chat box, and it was a sidebar feature. Looked cool, too. All the sudden, I saw a message pop up:

Sky: Yoohoo. Anyone here?!

I typed in my name and replied:

Jackie: I'm here. :D
Sky: oh great. Nice to see you here Jackie...Or should I say, Jacklyn.

I felt the corner of my mouth twitch, and giggled.

Jackie: yeah. im lucky to be here without josh's "Jackie's got a boyfriend" routine.
Sky: Josh? /:)
Jackie: My little stepbro. he's REALLY annoying.
Sky: Whew! im relieved! So, you like it here so far?
Jackie: I dunno how 2 say this...ur blog is SICKKK!!
Sky: thx...I guess. /:)

All the sudden, someone else joined the conversation:

Tim: helo?
Sky: wat r u doin here, tim????? I thought I blocked U!!
Tim: I never said I was signed in. And this is a PUBLIC blog.
Sky: darn. >(
Jackie: Uhh...
Tim: ur on, Jack??
Jackie: yesss...and dont call me jack!!
Tim: get offa here!!
Jackie: WAT???
Tim: just go to [link] and i'll explain.

I decided to take his advice and go to Tim's blog. It wasn't as nice as Skylar's, but it was exceptional.

Jackie: okaaaay...wat now??
Tim: oh good, you're here. wat were you doin on his blog??
Jackie: he invited me and I said yes. simple as that.
Tim: Do you even KNOW wat he's done to the world???
Jackie: no...I just moved here.
Tim: K...
Jackie: why does everyone hate Skylar???? >(
Tim: cuz hes a TRAITOR!! u see me? A TRAITORRRRR!!!!
Jackie: no he isnt! hes the nicest person ive met since i moved here. :)
Tim: thats what YOU think!
Jackie: shut it Tim!! like ur any bettr!!
Tim: hayyyy! I resent that!!!
Jackie: the feelings mutual.

There was a long pause before the next message came up.

Tim: Can U just listen?? once he betrays you--
Jackie: betrays?? hed NEVER do that!!
Tim: JUST LISTEN!!!!!!! at some point, hes goin to betray you in an unpredictable way. then if u still hate him, he'll bash u on his blog!!
Jackie: WAT???!!! he would NEVER do that! R U al OUT OF UR MINDS!!!
Tim: UGH!! im sick and tired of talking to someone who wont listen!!!!
Jackie: then get off and never see me AGAIN!!!!
Tim: fine!!!!!!
Jackie: fine!!!!!!! >( urgh, i HATE UUUUUUUUUU!!!
Tim: the feelings mutual.

I slammed the computer shut and jumped on my bed. I buried my face in my pillow as I started to cry. Whitney interrupted me and said. "Hey Jackie, where's the computer? I need to do my--What's wrong, Jackie?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And for some reason, everyone hates him," I explained, trying to clear up my voice. "But he's the nicest kid in the world." "I guess it's your choice to like him or not," Whitney replied. "But be careful. Your friends might be right. Just...Do what God wants." She got up from my bed, took the computer and left the bedroom. I stuffed my face in my pillow and cried again. Listen to GOD??? I thought. But I can't hear Him!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It was awkward sitting next to Tim on the bus, because I agreed on his blog never to see his face again. At lunch, I sat alone because Kota and Lexie were so mad that I wouldn't listen to them. I just sat under the table and tried my hardest not to cry. As I walked to the bathroom to cry some more, Kota stopped me and pointed at me. "Did you just come out of-" "Long story," I said. "Can't talk." I ran to the bathroom as fast as I could, and locked myself in a bathroom stall to cry. All the sudden, I heard two girls walking up to my stall. "Hello?" A girly voice said. "Anyone in here?" "I'll get out." I whimpered. I opened the stall to show them the train wreck I was. One of the girls grabbed my hand. It was the girl next to my locker. "Are you alright?" she asked me. "No," I replied. "Everyone hates me because I like this boy, Skylar. And now, I have no friends." "Well, I'm his sister," She added. "And I know that he'd never be such a jerk." "Really?" I asked. "Yeah," She said. "Your friends are just being dumb, like the rest of this school is. How about you join me and my friends in the popular club?" "Th-th-the popular club?" I said. "The name's Kyla," she implied. "And my friend here is Sierra." "Hi." Sierra said. "So, whaddya say?" Kyla said. "I'll do it!"I replied, shaking her hand.

Next chapter won't be long!

Luv,
Rach <3


No comments:

Post a Comment