Oct 13, 2009

Dancing in the Rain: 6. If I just didn't turn around...

Well, life in popularity is great. Kyla and Sierra respect me much more than Lexie or Kota ever treated me. I like being noticed, since all of the populars call me "The Braniac" which is nice to have a title. Although I don't talk to them much, because I'm often carrying books, I still like the fact that I'm respected, whether I'm from Pennsylvania or not. I like the fact that they don't bug me about Skylar, which is awesome!! So, yeah. Life was going wonderfully. Until some things happened.


~~~~~~~~


I was leaning up against my locker, talking to Kyla about Kota's ugly sweater. While talking, I didn't realize that she was behind my back. "Oh," I said as I turned around. "Hello, Kota Coyote." "Well, Hello Jackie the Jackal." She replied. Surprisingly, she didn't look offended. "Are you here to tell me how horrible Skylar is?" "Actually, I'm here to prove it." She pointed to him, who was talking to the cheer captain, Sally. I stomped up to him and whispered in his ear, "Hello, Sky." "One second," he said. "What are yo doing here?" "Well, I thought you were hanging out with me." "Well, I was, until you joined my sis' group. I guess I just had to move on in life." I gasped. "You are so...Rude!!" I exclaimed, stomping away. "Drama queen of the meanbees." I heard Kota mumble. I pretended not to her her as I strutted away. But it kinda made me die on the inside a bit. Not because I just got insulted, but the fact that I got tricked by such a Rattlesnake with Blue eyes. Ouch.


`````````


After all that, I was playing Soccer with the girls at the park, and soon, I spotted Tim and Lexie, also playing soccer together. "Don't those two dorks make a great couple?" Sierra said. "Oh yeah," I replied, trying not to pay attention to them. "I bet they're probably planning to go to the Fall Prom together." We all giggled, but I felt as if some little kid was tugging on my heart. I tried to ignore the feeling, but it couldn't go away. Soon, Sierra's mom brought lunch for us--Subway. Not fancy, but better that potato salad sandwiches. Ick. It felt like for some reason, Tim and Lexie were like, following me around, because I saw 'em at Subway, too. "I'll be right back, girls," I snickered, walking up them. "Shouldn't you two losers be like...Carrying on, or something like that?" "Jackie, this isn't you, and all four of us know it!" Lexie blurted. "Four?" I queried. I bumped into someone behind me, and it was Kota. "Hey there." She said. "You should just leave me alone. I'm perfectly fine where I am. And they're much more polite then all three of you combined. Plus, they said that I'll be oh-so popular in no time." "How's that working out for ya?" Kota interrupted. I just strutted off.


````````````


(This is Kota's Point of View, or POV)


Man, Jack's been stuck up lately. I don't get that girl sometimes. I decided to look at Sky's site to see what bad things he's said about me this time. Strangely, it wasn't on me. It was on Jackie. I read this:


THIS WEEK'S WORD: JACKLYN THOMPSON.


Man, her life stinks! Her own parents could just put her up to a foster home, her stepbrothers are both mute and the other can't shut up! She's also quite the klutz. And she's got a big head, so she'll let you cheat off her tests. She'll fall for anything, so manipulating her won't be as hard as usual.

CHANCES 4 U 2 B HER FRIEND: 11 outta 10!! HAHA!!

Oh. I think I lost my eyesight. This is the worst post ever!! Why? Well, not to be rude, but it's kinda true. She is a klutz and doesn't know any better here. I thought before telling her. She won't listen, I thought. She'll be better off to learn. Lexie finally arrived at our house. She more likely played with Tim, so I just stayed in my room, typing a post on my computer. About ten minutes in, I hear, "Help me!!" I ran downstairs and outside, realizing that Lexie was hanging on for her life on a tree or she'd take a 15-foot drop. I saw Jackie about three seconds. "What's wrong?" She asked me. I pointed to Lexie, who was in a panic attack. Jack immediately ran up to the tree and climbed right to the branch she was on. Of course, then something bad happened. The branch snapped and Tim, Lexie, and Jackie landed right on top of me. Strangely, I felt fine, but I knew the others weren't. "Mom" I shrieked at the top of my lungs--Twice. She ran outside, asking, "What's wrong, Dakota?" I pointed to the huge pile of three people. She gasped. "I'll call 911," She replied. "In the meantime, get them inside! Now!" Getting Tim inside wasn't hard. It was Jackie and Lexie that was hard. Lexie's foot hurt, and Jackie was knocked out! It didn't take too long to get the ambulance truck here and the three in the ambulance. I was worried-almost sick watching them in their beds as we arrived at the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oi Vei . The results are no good. Tim's arm is broken, Lexie's foot is smashed, but Jack's was the worst--her femur snapped. Ouch. "She'll be out for a while," the doctor told us. "So we'll keep an eye on her." Right at that moment, she woke up.

(Alright, back to Jackie)

"Huh,? Where am I? and what happened?" I asked blatantly. "Well, uhh," Kota started. "Your femur kinda...snapped in half while trying to save Lexie." I thumped her head on the wall behind me. "Well, you should be angry," Tim added. "I mean, what can you expect from a selfish, conceited, self-centered-" "-Shut up!" she interrupted as my eyes turned red. "I think for the past month, she's had enough to go through. Oh, and your family and some other random people are here." I saw my brother, Drew, peeking through the window, along with Josh, Zeke, Hunter, Gary, Lucas, and Sierra. "They can come in, y'know." I told the doctor. He let everyone in, and they all went in single-file line. "Diane wanted me to give this to you," He said. "We heard about the new just a bit ago. And Diane was going to give you this for your birthday, but she though now was a better time." He handed three CDs, all of them Taylor Swift, and and a CD player with pink earbuds. His eyes started to look bloodshot as he walked away. Next up was Josh. Oh boy. But when he said, "hi," his eyes looked a bit past bloodshot. "I have that American Girl doll that I stole in the third grade." After that, he ran so I wouldn't see him cry. I held the doll in my hand thinking, Man, I must have messed up. After that was Sierra. "Why isn't Kyla or Skylar here?" I asked. She started, "Well, Kyla said she didn't want to waist her time with such a loser like you." I wanted her to stop right there. But she kept going. "What?" I exclaimed. "Yeah," She said. "She, like, wanted to make a total loser out of you, but I didn't like the idea. Oh, and Skylar bashed you on his bog. He said that you were easy to control and stuff like that." My tears just started flooding my face. "Are you alright?" She asked. "Just go!" I exclaimed. "But-" "-Just go!!" She backed away slowly. I heard Tim mumble, "Drama Queen," and I tried to ignore it, but it just tugged at me. "Y'know, it's surprising that anyone would come to see you," he said out loud as Drew walked up to him. " I thought that since you've been such a brat for the whole September that no one would come because of your annoying attitude. Your stuck up, annoying-" "-Stop that!" Drew shouted. "For your information, jerk, she is by far the best sister any thirteen-year-old could have!" I could see him struggle to speak because of tears. "She just wants to fit in! And if you don't believe that--then you're heartless! You hear me?! Heartless!" My jaw dropped in disbelief.I never heard, actually, anyone say that about me. Especially since Drew is really close to Tim. Drew was so dramatic, one of the doctors had to take him out of the room. I felt horrible. I really messed up this time. Guess this means I can't do anything right. I thought. My world felt like it was falling apart, right in front of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment: